Interior view of a barbershop in Hendricks. On the right wall is a cabinet. Each patron had their own shaving mugs stored here. Alfred Arnold is the barber. Also pictured are Larry Hanson, Bill Fredricks and an unidentified fourth person. This barbershop was torn down many years ago.
Originally this house was built in Ash Lake Township. In 1889, it was moved to Shaokatan Township. Six children were raised in this house. Every one is lined up outside the house with many of the other farm buildings in the background.
Two boats are pulling up to the docks on Lake Hendricks. A rowboat is filled with men, women and children. The Lady Hendricks is filled with people to the point she is almost sinking. The smoke stack of the boat is pushing out smoke. Several people and a tent are in the back ground. All people are celebrating the 4th of July.
The C.M. Foss is surrounded by Scaffolding. Carpenters will stand on the scaffolding to work. Individual boards are used as the sheeting later to be covered with siding. Today this is the home of John and Joy Thomsen.
The C.M. Foss home still is present today. It is a private home on the corner of Division Street and Garfield Street. Mr. and Mrs. Foss are standing in front of their home with young trees, several flowers and shrubs around the house. The front of the house has a large screen porch.
This house was built on the north side of Lake Shaokatan in 1878. It still stands, and was remodeled some time later. It was the home of Andrew Crain which was occupied later by his son and family and then later by a grandson and family, Dick Crain. This picture is of the P.K. Petersen family who lived there for a couple of years about 1895.
The Dray man delivered freight from the railroad depot to homes and businesses. Here the dray man is sitting in his wagon. The wagon is being pulled by a team of two horses and it looks like there is a bag of seed in the back of the wagon. Here people are looking at the damage of stripped trees, building debris, and leaning telephone poles.