Hendricks High School looked like this from the time it was built in 1923 until an expansion in the 1950s. The school has rows of large windows for classroom lighting and two main doors. This school was brick to decrease the fire risk after the first school was destroyed by fire.
The west side of the building, looks the same today. The south and the east have had additions. Rows of tall windows on both first and second floor provided classroom lighting.
The Tyler Band was under direction of Mr. Siverson. The band was all male with trumpets clarinets, trombones drums and even a French horn. All of the men and boys are wearing suits.