In 1900, the Duluth Benedictine sisters purchased the first 80 acres of what would be their Kenwood campus. This parcel had been used as a farm for a number of years, and the sisters continued to farm the location with hired laborers. Mrs. Beyenka, wife of the farm overseer, feeds the chickens here. The white structure is a house for the farm laborers built in 1902, and later moved up the hill to become the College post office.
In 1900, the Duluth Benedictine sisters purchased the first 80 acres of what would be their Kenwood campus. This location operated as a farm into the 1930s, supplying dairy products and vegetables to the sisters and their students. Here, hay is being cut to feed the livestock. Looking east, Kenwood Avenue is in the background.