External view of a Red Wing boarding house, which was formerly a city hospital. It was located on East side of Dakota, North of Main Street. There is a sign on the side of the building that reads, "American House."
External view of the Andrew Koch building, which served as Red Wing's first hospital and was established in 1884. It was located at Southwest Dakota and Levee Streets. Andrew Koch built this house in the 1850s on the spot where Jorgenson Chevrolet once stood.