Halenbeck Hall, completed in 1965, replaced Eastman Hall as St. Cloud State's home for physical education and athletics. The building was named for donor Philip Halenbeck. An addition was completed in 1980.
Riverview opened as the campus model school in 1913 where students could watch experienced teachers teach and to student teach. In 1958, the model school moved from Riverview to the new Gray Campus Laboratory School.
Opened in 1915, Shoemaker Hall has since served as a dormitory. It was named for Waite Shoemaker, an 1881 graduate of St. Cloud State, who served as a faculty member and then St. Cloud State president from 1902 to 1916. A south addition was completed in 1960. The Thomas Gray Campus Laboratory School, opened in 1958, replaced Riverview as the campus laboratory school. The campus laboratory school closed in 1983 and, in 1984, was repurposed and renamed Engineering and Computing Center. The building was initially named for Thomas Gray, who graduated from St. Cloud State in 1872, served as the school's president from 1884 to 1890.
Completed in 1971, Centennial Hall, named in honor of St. Cloud State's establishment in 1869, served as the campus library until 2000. Named after a neighboring Minnesota county, Sherburne Hall opened in 1969 as a dormitory.
Opened in 1966 as a student union, the building was named in honor of St. Cloud's Atwood family, including Clarence Atwood. Atwood was an 1880 St. Cloud State graduate who served as the school's resident director from 1911 to 1921. Additions were constructed in 1972, 1993 and 2004.