Variant titles: Charles Jairus Martin Memorial Collection of Tapestries; Art in America (1913). Title from caption. Detached from: Art in America. Volume 3 (1915). "Mrs. Charles J. Martin of that city [Minneapolis] announced her intention of assembling ... a collection of tapestries which would be presented, as acquired, to the [Minneapolis] Institute [of Arts] ... will be known as the Charles Jairus Martin Memorial Collection of Tapestries ... one of these ... was woven in the ateliers of Arras about 1450, and forms the subject of the present notes."--Page 223. 1 unnumbered leaf, pages 223-226: color illustration.
"The Companion" magazine (Volume XLII, Number 2), dated November 15, 1916, has a front page article titled "Charles Thompson Memorial Hall." This article describes the dedication exercises that took place on November 5, 1916, for the opening of the Charles Thompson Memorial Hall. This building is described as a gift to the deaf people of Minnesota by Mrs. Charles Thompson, as a memorial to her husband, the late Charles Thompson.
A short history of the Amherst H. Wilder Charity Visiting Nurses Department, from its beginning in 1906 until approximately 1922. The history includes information on the responsibilities of the nurses, policies of the department and staffing.
Manuscript of an article written about the history of the Wilder Child Guidance Clinic, which began in 1924. It includes general information on the running of the clinic as well as details about the clinic's connections to other Wilder programs, such as the dispensary, and its relationship to external community resources.
This article is written by Benjamin B. Foster, and it covers his memories of working as a chauffeur for Charles Thompson. He submitted the article as part of the 50th anniversary celebration for the Charles Thompson Memorial Hall. He was also a guest speaker at the celebrations. The envelope used to mail the article shows that Mr. Foster lived at 1643 Carroll in St. Paul, and he sent them to Mrs. Marvin (Pearl) Kuhlman, Editor of the Thompson Hall Newsletter, at 1258 Roma Avenue in St. Paul.
An article on the proceedings from the 49th Annual Conference of the Minnesota Library Association, held October 2-4, 1941 in St. Cloud, Minnesota. The article includes an overview of the general session, section meetings, officer and committee reports, and keynote speakers.
The declaration of two amendments from 1906 to the constitution of the Minnesota Library Association, one indicating that boards become MLA members with $2.00 initial payment and $1.00 annual payment, and a second amendment calling for the creation of sections (e.g. trustees or college libraries) within the organization that have a place on the annual program.
Title from cover. Reprint. Originally published: Proceedings of the American Association of Museums. Vol. 11 (1908). Koehler gives a presentation on the requirements and considerations for establishing an art museum based on his experiences for planning facilities at the Minneapolis Institute of Art and the Minnesota State Art Society. 1 unnumbered page, pages 125-131.
Title from cover. "Supplement to the Bulletin of the Minneapolis Institute of Art, September, 1915." Includes a list of the officers and members of the Board of Trustees, list of the Trustees, list of ex-officio members, list of classes of membership, and list of members. A 1915 overview of the Minneapolis Society of Fine Arts (incorporated 1883 and existing to the present), which is the parent and governing body for the Minneapolis Institute of Art (opening in 1915 and existing to the present) and the Minneapolis School of Fine Arts (established in 1886 and existing under the society's governance until 1988). In 1970, the school changed its name to the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD) and in 1988 it became an independent organization. 21 pages: illustrations.
Title from cover. "An address made at the celebration of the semi-centennial of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, May 10, 1920"--Page 2. Reprinted from the American magazine of art, August 1920, with the permission of the author and the American Federation of Arts by the Minneapolis Society of Fine Arts"--Page 2. Illustration of a stylized Thyrsus staff with ribbon printed on front cover. 7 unnumbered pages.