The Sunshine Club of Virginia was a young women's service and social club. The club's Americanized name suggests the second generation's disposition to claim their American identity: first generation organization names would have likely been rendered in Hebrew.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives
Exterior view of the Oliver Faribault house in the background. Young woman with walking stick sitting on the lawn next to a small child in a rocking chair, holding a walking stick. This image is a reprint from Patricia Cates.
Family picture taken outside with the farmhouse in the background. People in photo appear to be looking at another photographer and include Hulda Lewis, Minnie Ahern, Roy and Earl Okerman (Minnie's sons), August Youngren, Henry Lewis, Hulda Youngren, Hannah Youngren, and Mr. and Mrs. Peter J. Youngren.
"Young people from high schools all over the city meet to look over school annuals and papers, read from the book collection especially selected for teen-agers and talk over school events in the Young People's Room at the Main Minneapolis Public Library."
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
Attendees of the Young People's Alliance, District Convention at the Sleepy Eye Evangelical Church pose in front of the church on the lawn. This movement won approval of the General Conference in 1891. It was the organization which had been designed to bring unification among the young people of the Church, as well as to consolidate the numerous Jugend-Bunds (Youth Leagues) which had formed in Evangelical Association congregations throughout the country. As a youth society, its purpose was the promotion of intellectual, religious, and social culture and to train young people in Christian living and for service in the Church. It served to fill the gap between the Sunday School and the Church.
Minnesota Annual Conference United Methodist Church
An unidentified group of couples and their dog in a decorated log cabin with insignia and oars linked to the Duluth Yacht Club which was organized in 1890, incorporated 1905, declined, and was absorbed in 1909 by the Duluth Boat Club.
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections