Image of a group of men standing outside of the Agate Bay House. Painted sign underneath the decorative peak on the covered porch. This was utilized as a boarding house for railroad workers. Also pictured is an intersection of a wooden sidewalk, one of the first built in Two Harbors, Minnesota. Managers are Brown, Butler, and Blake standing on the right side of the covered porch.
Exterior view of Swan J. Turnblad mansion from northeast corner. Completed in 1908, the Swan J. Turnblad mansion was built in the French Chateauesque style. The house became the American Swedish Institute in 1929.
Opened in 1882 by the Minnesota Mining Company, Breitung pit was part of the first iron ore mine on the Vermillion Range. Ore from this pit made up the first commercial shipment of Minnesota Iron Ore out of the Agate Bay ore docks, Two Harbors, Minnesota July 31, 1884.
Image taken from bay showing the wooden footings for the first ore dock in Agate Bay. Wooden planks are lined up along the bank, Agate Bay House is the large building in the center of the image. Construction of the ore docks began in 1883.
Group of men pose for a photograph with shovels. They stand on the clay bottom of the bay, water held back by a berm. The first wooden ore docks were built at Agate Bay in 1884. The docks were upgraded to steel beginning in 1907.
Duluth Missabe and Iron Range owned Edna G. Tugboat at dock (1896-1986) with Carlo passenger vessel. Note the eagle on top of the pilot house of the Edna G. Taken before the Tug was in service on the East Coast in World War One.
Image shows the Edna G. Tugboat moored on the dock in Two Harbors, Minnesota. The iron ore dock in Agate Bay rises up behind the boat. Note the eagle atop the pilot house and two men seated on the deck. Footings for another dock appear in the foreground.
Image of a group of men posing for a photograph next to a hoist and derrick system. Man standing on deck tips a steel bucket into a large pile of iron ore. Identified as hoist at Shaft Number 3 at the Cincinnati Mine, first hoist on the Mesabi Range. Mine was owned by the Standard Ore Company of Duluth. Photograph shows the first bucked of ore hoisted from the site.