Interior view of the Library in Old Main with men and women, wearing dresses and suits, sitting at tables studying, shelves of books surrounds tables, light fixture hangs from the ceiling. Old Main was constructed in 1874.
Exterior view of the south side of Scoville Memorial Library at Carleton College. Postcard shows images of two foxes inserted into the photograph. Text on the front of the postcard reads ""We are feeling pretty foxy at Carleton.""
Photograph of eight students studying in the library in Derham Hall. A medalion of Jeanne d'Arc rests on the floor on the right; this was a gift to Archbishop John Ireland from the people of Orleans, France. The Archbishop in turn gave the medallion to the College of St. Catherine for the opening of its Jeanne d'Arc Auditorium in 1914.
Internal view of the first library at the College of St. Catherine; it was located in the Northeast wing of the first floor of Derham Hall. A six drawer card catalog sits on a stand to the left of the center window.