The College of St. Scholastica Bulletin is a catalog 80 pages in length with an 8-page insert, published by the College, which is conducted by the Sisters of Saint Benedict of Duluth, Minnesota, for young women and girls. The Bulletin includes one photograph of the College and explains the College's foundation and aim; standardization; location; communication; publications; lecture course; buildings and furnishings; sun parlors; cafeteria, rest rooms, etc., for day students; gymnasium; facilities for self-support; students' dress; and general information on such aspects as admission, requirements for degrees, listing of faculty, and expenses. Courses listed include religion, philosophy, English, public speaking, psychology and education, Latin, botany, zoology, chemistry, German, French, Spanish, history, sociology, business administration and economics, home economics, mathematics, and art. The conservatory of music included piano, voice, violin, and organ schools. The bulletin also contains information on the combined course in nursing and liberal arts, the department of secretarial studies, and students' organizations.
College of St. Benedict; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1928-1929 and 1929-1930, College of St. Benedict, College Bulletin, St. Joseph, Minnesota is an annual catalogue published for the College without including the Academy. During the period of 1926-1962, the college operated under auspices of St. Benedict�s Monastery before the College was separately incorporated in 1962. Contents include calendar for 1928-1929 and calendar for 1929-1930, communication, aim and scope of the institution, government, social life, campus and grounds, building and equipment, the chapel, laboratories and equipment, residence, the library, the arts, student organizations, regulations for wardrobe, expenses for the scholastic year, extras, rules governing expenses and courses.
St. Benedict's Academy Preparatory to The College of St. Benedict; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1928-1929 Forty-Sixth Year-Book was published for St. Benedict's Academy, Preparatory to The College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota. In the years 1926-1938, the Academy and College each published their own catalogues. Contents include calendar, location and communication and historical sketch. Description of buildings lists St. Cecilia, St. Gertrude and St. Therese Halls. Aims and scope, government, social life, campus and grounds, student organizations, general regulations, regulations for wardrobe, the academy, requirements for admission, reports and standings, academic courses, religion, graduating class of 1928, students, expenses for the scholastic year, extras, rules governing expenses are also included.
Dinner Program for 1928 Minnesota and North Dakota Library Associations. Agenda includes dinner, community singing, library limericks, and library conundrums. Includes partial list of conundrums about authors.
Printed program for the 36th annual conference of the Minnesota Library Association (MLA), which was held October 9-11, 1928 in Moorhead, Minnesota and Fargo, North Dakota. This conference was a joint meeting of the Minnesota and North Dakota Library Associations. Sessions took place at the First Methodist Church in Fargo, North Dakota, the First Congregational Church in Moorhead, Minnesota, and at the Masonic Temple library in Fargo, North Dakota. Outside conference activities included an automobile ride through Moorhead and Fargo to the North Dakota State College of Agriculture.
Resolution from the 36th annual conference of the Minnesota Library Association (MLA), which took place October 9-11, 1928 in Moorhead, Minnesota and Fargo, North Dakota. The resolution states that both the North Dakota and Minnesota Library Association express their heartiest appreciation of the many courtesies shown by the cities of Moorhead and Fargo, in addition to all the multiple parties involved.
Small green booklet with a white tassel, detailing events for the Diamond Anniversary of Oak Hall, formerly the Baldwin School. The program details the history of the Baldwin School from its founding in 1853 up to 1928. The Oak Hall Diamond Anniversary events took place the week of April 22, 1928. Jubilee events included a pilgrimage to the site of the original school, Diamond Jubilee Program, an exhibition, exercises in honor of the Reverend Edward D. Neill, an open house, drama competition, and Diamond Jubilee Banquet with program and entertainment. The booklet also contains photos of Neill, Oak Hall main buildings in 1928, and Mr. and Mrs. Royal A. Moore, then Principals. There are also lyrics for a song about Oak Hall.
A bulletin describing the course of study at Rochester Junior College for 1927-1928. Rochester Junior College changed its name and scope of discipline several times: University Department of Sourthern University (1915), Rochester Junior College (1917), Rochester Vocational Institute (1969), Rochester Community College (1973), and Rochester Community and Technical College (1996).
Annual Duluth State Teachers College course catalog publication with announcements for the 1928-1929 school year. It details requirements for admission, general information, tuition, course of study and electives for high school graduates, a special course in elementary education, work and credits for college, faculty list, and enrolled students by year. Student's home town is noted. There are a few photographs of selected campus buildings. The State Normal School, founded in 1895, and registered its first students in September, 1902, changed names several times: State Normal School at Duluth (1895), Duluth State Normal School (1905), Duluth State Teachers College (1921), University of Minnesota, Duluth Branch (1947), University of Minnesota Duluth (1959)
University of Minnesota Duluth Kathryn A. Martin Library, University Archives