Parking lot in front of Alfred Parkers home on West Broadway. The son of a Methodist Clergyman, Alfred Parker was born in Maine in 1824. He served in the Mexican War and went to the California gold fields in the rush of 1849. In the early 1850s he came back east by rail and then up the Mississippi by steamboat to St. Paul. In 1854, Parker homesteaded a farm near what is now 42nd and Perry. In 1855 Parker married his neighbor's daughter, Elizabeth Malbon. Her father built the couple a fine house at 4109 Lakeland. A couple years later he built another house on an adjoining lot. The Parker house was used as a stopover by travelers and teamsters hauling on the Bottineau Road. Both houses, in the heart of the business district, were torn down in the 1970s.
Panoramic view Cooley Location (West of Hibbing, Minnesota). Photograph includes a large industrial building on the left, a water tower (with the word: "COOLIE" printed on it, a garage style building in the center, and an office type building on the right with housing in the far right of the photograph.
Panoramic view of the Cooley Location (west of Hibbing, Minnesota). Photograph includes a large industrial building on the left, a water tower (with the word: "COOLIE" printed on it, a garage style building in the center, and an office building on the right with houses in the far right of the photograph.
This photograph by F.A. Taylor shows the Duluth hillside from below Superior Street and between 3rd and 4th Avenues East; probably from the late 1880s, it shows First Presbyterian Church (built in 1870) in the upper left corner, at 231 East 2nd Street.
Panoramic view of South Hibbing, Minnesota under construction to include panning left to right: New housing area, Hibbing Rood Hospital, several buildings being built on Howard Street and Fourth Avenue. Mesaba Transportation Company building is being built on the far right of the photograph. Railroad tracks are depicted on the or near 19th Street and mining operations are depicted in the background on the right side portion of the photograph.
Panoramic view of the Tourist Court in Hibbing, Minnesota. The foreground of the photograph depicts the cabins that comprised the Tourist Court and a 1920s style vehicle. The background of the photograph depicts the grandstand on the left side and horse barns toward the center and right side of the photograph.
A negative photographic collage of photos put together with the water tower, birds eye view, Kanabec Courthouse, Mora High School, Lake Mora and the Depot Elevator with the words ""Land of Clover"" Mora Minnesota in the middle.
Street scene shows a packed dirt road lined with sidewalks. Several multi-story houses line the road. Two harbors courthouse on the right. Two Churches on the left. Identified as 4th Avenue, Two Harbors.