Parking lot in front of Alfred Parkers home on West Broadway. The son of a Methodist Clergyman, Alfred Parker was born in Maine in 1824. He served in the Mexican War and went to the California gold fields in the rush of 1849. In the early 1850s he came back east by rail and then up the Mississippi by steamboat to St. Paul. In 1854, Parker homesteaded a farm near what is now 42nd and Perry. In 1855 Parker married his neighbor's daughter, Elizabeth Malbon. Her father built the couple a fine house at 4109 Lakeland. A couple years later he built another house on an adjoining lot. The Parker house was used as a stopover by travelers and teamsters hauling on the Bottineau Road. Both houses, in the heart of the business district, were torn down in the 1970s.
Street scene shows a packed dirt road lined with sidewalks. Several multi-story houses line the road. Two harbors courthouse on the right. Two Churches on the left. Identified as 4th Avenue, Two Harbors.
Black and white photograph of an Ogilvie, Minnesota street in 1947. Ogilvie is located in Kanabec County. There are cars parked down the street, the Benson Carlson Company appliance store, the hardware store, and the Ogilvie grocery store are also in view.�