The grain elevators of the Hubbard Milling Company in Mankato, Minnesota, can be seen in the lower right corner of this 1951 aerial photograph. The bridge across the flooded Minnesota River connected Mankato with North Mankato. Most of North Mankato, which suffered extensive flood damage, is visible in the distance.
The Municipal Building at 443 Belgrade Avenue and Howard Helgerson's service station at 503 Belgrade Avenue in North Mankato, Minnesota, were among the many businesses and residences that were flooded by the Minnesota River in 1951.
An amphibious vehicle can be seen heading westward along the flooded Belgrade Avenue in North Mankato, Minnesota, in 1951. The Marigold Dairy at 216 to 220 Belgrade Avenue is along the left side of the photo, and the Mission Covenant Church at 215 Belgrade Avenue is at the far right. Texaco and Pure service stations can be seen in the distance, closer to the Minnesota River.