W. O. Powell's Paint Shop in St. Peter was able to do several types of work, including paper hanging, whitening ceilings, and kalsomining, in addition to house and sign painting. This is a stereo image of the shop.
Washington Avenue looking south in Detroit, Minnesota (became Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, in 1926). Written on the back of the image is "Detroit Lakes, Minnesota-1873, Washington Avenue, looking south-westside, Dave Carson's Drug Store at extreme left, box car on N.P. Railroad Track".
This photograph by Paul B. Gaylord shows the wrecked hull of the tugboat "Amethyst," which was wrecked nine miles east of Beaver Bay about 1881, docked in front of Williams & Upton, contractors for river and harbor improvements, on Minnesota Point at Buchanan Street.
This photograph by F.A. Taylor shows the Duluth hillside from below Superior Street and between 3rd and 4th Avenues East; probably from the late 1880s, it shows First Presbyterian Church (built in 1870) in the upper left corner, at 231 East 2nd Street.