Photograph of a celebration on Main Street in Walnut Grove. Businesses shown include: Northwestern Hotel & Restaurant, Chicago Fair, City Drug Store, L.T. Ellefson, C.L. Wichner Saloon, Wichner; C.L., and City Meat Market. All of the buidings shown on the south side of Main Street burned in 1903.
City Drug Store, South Front Street, with Doctor McMahan's Office, five men, and horse and buggy. Caption on back reads, "James Ray Tinkcom, who arrived in Mankato in 1856, operated the City Drug Store. Mr. Tinkcom studied medicine in New York before coming to Mankato and he later undertook the manufacture of certain medicines. The City Drug Store was located on the corner of Front and Hickory Streets. In the photograph above, a sign at the top of the stairway carried the name of Dr. William McMahan. It is believed the man standing at the top of the stairs is Dr. McMahan. In 1856 four doctors, Dr. Moses R. Wickersham, Dr. William R. McMahan, Dr. William F. Lewis and Dr. A. G. Dornberg, arrived in Mankato and opened offices."