This West Duluth Street view at Central Avenue and Bristol street shows the building where the Purity Store operated as well as other business signs. It is an example of Romanesque architecture. The view includes men, boys, children, a truck, snow. It is a winter view of the business district. The building was constructed in 1889, and it was razed in 1976. Note the fire escape.
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections