Panoramic view of Hibbing High School Graduation Class of 1929 posed on and around the front steps of the Hibbing High School, Hibbing, Minnesota. The photograph is captioned: "Class - 1929 - Hibbing, Minn. "
A bird's-eye view of the State Fish Hatchery built in 1925 at site of the old Duschee Mill. The location took advantage of Big Spring which has the largest spring flow in Minnesota. It is owned by Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Division of Fisheries and supplies a large percentage of trout stocked in Minnesota lakes and streams.
The Carleton College viewbook introduced the college to prospective students and their parents and to friends and prospective friends of the college. The publication included information relating to the campus and to student life as reflected in academics, student organizations, and sports and leisure time activities.The issues emphasizes Carleton as a pioneer liberal arts college in the Northwest.
"A Day at Our Saint Paul Concordia" is a black and white, silent film that documents the lifestyle of a student at Concordia College, Saint Paul in the 1920s and 1930s. The film includes shots of the campus, dormitories, classroom instruction, a gymnasium class, a baseball game, and clips from a graduation ceremony. The film highlights many of Concordia's early professors: Martin A. H. Graebner (President), Herman Wollaeger, William Moenkemoeller, Ernest Lussky, Oswald Overn, Fred Wahlers, William Dobberfuhl, E. G. Richard Siebert, Paul Stor, and Oliver Harstad.
This architectural drawing illustrates the elevations and details of the athletic storage and dressing room building at Soldiers Field Park. This building was funded by Dr. E. Starr Judd to provide dressing facilities for the Rochester High School football team. It was later integrated with two other buildings next to the municipal swimming pool in 1936.
Group photo of Duluth Street Railway Safety Team #3. Left to right, back row: Leo Matysek, Nels Johnson, Art LaPierre, John Hayes, Carl D. Smith, Richard R. Radig; 2nd row, John Wiski, Harold Ward, Ole Wicker, Carl Buness, Lawrence Swanstrom, Uno Lyons, Adolph Olson, Ted Kurek; front row, George Berg, William Pearling, Sam Olsen, William Hafner, Axel Gafvert, Ole Giswold, Fred Hanson.
Hanford, Bertha, State and County Agent for the Blind
In 1928, the St. Louis County Child Welfare Board was requested by the State Board of Control to sponsor the work for the Blind in this county. This the first use of local management of such a pgoram and was successful. The report describes the Range Broom Factory at Chisholm, Minnesota, that employs several agency clients under the management of R. H. Alcox. This agency operated under the State Department for the Blind, Children's Bureau, Board of Control and the St. Louis County Board of Commissioners. Its work was for the prevention of blindness and the treatment of people with blindness. The reports give objectives, staff, and statistics. Its district included St. Louis, Carlton, Itasca, Cook, Lake, and Koochiching counties.
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections
View of the Capitol Theater, St. Paul, Minnesota, from the street. The marquee reads "Vitaphone-Moveitone." Liebenberg and Kaplan, Architects (1919-1969), were noted for designing more than 200 motion picture theatres in the Upper Midwest, many of the early ones featuring an art deco style.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Northwest Architectural Archives