St. Paul's College in St. Paul Park, organized in 1889 offered both a preparatory and collegiate course. St. Paul's was organized and supported by the Northern German Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. This conference included German Methodist congregation in Minnesota plus some in Wisconsin and North Dakota. The school operated until 1917, closing under financial difficulties and the stress of being a German-speaking institution during World War I. Supporters were encouraged to shift allegiance to Hamline University.
Minnesota Annual Conference United Methodist Church
W. H. Weibler General Merchandise, Belle Plaine. Groupf of four men, three women, and four boys standing in front of store unidentified. Store has large glass windows in a brick building, with an awning pulled back.
The third annual report of the Board of Park Commissioners for the year March 1, 1889, to February 28, 1890, consists of brief updates on the structure of the board itself, the assessment, survey, and development of public parks, the issuing of bonds, and a financial statement.
A photograph of the front exterior of the Temple Israel synagogue. The Temple Israel Congregation was incorporated as Congregation Shaarei Tov in 1879. This building occupied 501-503 10th Street South in Minneapolis.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives
Interior of Fred Stier Meat Market on Main st. in Belle Plaine. Emma Stier, Evelyn Stier, Elmer Edberg. Two counters with marble tops, two large scales, bead board panneling, electric light bulb hanging from ceiling, cash register.
St. Hilaire Business Men. Back row: ?, WJ. Stranahan, Willie Stranahan, Sam Dainard, Charles Rapp, Martin Bjerk, Carl Johnson, Front row: Gustas Johnson, Sever M. Hoff, Oscar Post, Harry Ives with dog, Fred Erickhoff, Henry Williams Joan, daughter of Harry and Selma (Hoff) Winter.
This journal contains the formal proceedings for the Second Convention of the Minnesota Association of the Deaf at the Minnesota Institute for Defectives (Deaf, Blind and Feeble-Minded). The American fingerspelled alphabet and fingerspelled numbers from 1 to 10 are printed on the back page.
Lower inch margin of cardboard under photo has silver script engraving reading: "The Barta Studio, New Prague, Minn." Photo of two children, one child wearing a long white dress with scalloped hem, ruffled neckline and large bow at waist sitting on wire metal chair, standing next to the chair is child in mid calf white dress with long sleeves, dark belt (hanging low), large collar with dark bowtie, dark stockings and shoes, one hand on chair, other at side, plain painted backdrop, floral pattern rug.
A portrait of Mrs. William M. Harrison, co-founder of Jones-Harrison Residence, which was established in 1888 by the Women's Christian Association. The Jones-Harrison Residence is believed to be Minnesota's longest continuously operating home to seniors.