This 1949 postcard shows the staff apartments at the St. Peter State Hospital. The pedestrian footbridge across the railroad tracks that crossed the grounds of the complex can be seen at the far right.
This 1949 postcard shows a building that was originally constructed as a patient detention facility at the St. Peter State Hospital. Sources at the hospital state that it was built about 1910. This building was later known as Liberty Hall, which was an open ward facility for hospital patients. It was closed in 1967.
The St. Peter Community Hospital opened in 1939 at 102 South Washington Avenue. A new hospital, attached to the west side this building, began serving patients in 1959. The east entrance and the south side of the 1939 building are shown in this image.
This postcard shows a man with a shovel in the boiler room of the St. Peter State Hospital. A large pile of coal can be seen on the right side of the image. A record at the hospital states that the photo was taken in 1940.
This postcard shows the building in which nurses at the St. Peter State Hospital lived. A note on the reverse side of another postcard indicates that it was built in 1909 and that an addition was constructed in 1912.
This postcard shows a portion of the men's sick room on the third floor of the Center building at the St. Peter State Hospital, according to hospital sources. A note on the reverse side indicates that hospital employee August Palmer is the man who is standing.
This postcard shows the Farm Manager's house at the St. Peter State Hospital. A considerable amount of agricultural work was done on the grounds of the hospital complex. A notation on the reverse side appears to indicate that the home was used from 1920 to 1960.
This postcard shows members of the Culinary Department standing outside of the main kitchen at the St. Peter State Hospital during the 1920's, according to sources at the hospital. A note on the reverse side indicates that the man who is the third from the left is Fritz Miller and the man who is the fourth from the left is Ernie Gustafson.