Crew of the "Tomahawk" posed with arms crossed. This image was taken at the old Minnetonka Yacht Club on Lighthouse Island on Lake Minnetonka. From left to right: Telford Doerr, Charles F. Reiter (mainsheet), Anson "Babe" Purchase, Halie W. Reiter and George Purchase. All crew members are wearing shirts marked with a "T" for Tomahawk.
The 38 foot scow "Tomahawk" departing from a private dock in what is now the lagoon area between Lake of the Isles and Lake Calhoun. In the cockpit are are Halie W. Reiter, Joseph Reiter, Ed Pommer in the derby hat.
Calhoun C Scow Fleet on Lake Calhoun. The sailboats are skippered and crewed by John Wiggins, George and Charles Reiter, Lewis and "Pop" Miner, and Dick and Bob Garwood. Note: all sailboat are gaffrigs, but some boats have pointed bows and some have smooth, blunt, rounded bows.
Left to right- Dick Sachett, Dick Garwood, Frank Bauman, Don Pott, Stuart Lemon, Marshall Ervin, Eric Peterson, Bill Chandler, R. F. Peterson, Bobby Smith, Barry Ervin Sr., Berry Ervin Jr., Paul Whiting Lewis Miner Sr., Lewis Miner Jr., Carlton DeRum, E.C. Garwood, ? Bauman.
Membership card for the Calhoun Yacht Club features the Club's logo which is a red, white and blue burgee. The card includes space for a member name, number and the Secretary's signature. The card is blank.
These cannons are used by the judges at the starting and finishing lines for sailboat races. They were purchased by Calhoun Yacht Club August 27, 1936. these are 10 gage cannons, black powder, smmoth bore and manufactured by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company. The cost was $19.80. These cannons give off a puff of smoke that can be seen anywhere on the lake.
E Scow racing on Lake Calhoun at the Aquatennial Regatta. This boat was built at Johnson Boat Works, White Bear Lake. Don Whiting is preparing to step forward to remove the spinnaker pole. The skipper is Erle Reiter