St. Paul's College in St. Paul Park, organized in 1889 offered both a preparatory and collegiate course. St. Paul's was organized and supported by the Northern German Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. This conference included German Methodist congregation in Minnesota plus some in Wisconsin and North Dakota. The school operated until 1917, closing under financial difficulties and the stress of being a German-speaking institution during World War I. Supporters were encouraged to shift allegiance to Hamline University.
Minnesota Annual Conference United Methodist Church
"Young people from high schools all over the city meet to look over school annuals and papers, read from the book collection especially selected for teen-agers and talk over school events in the Young People's Room at the Main Minneapolis Public Library."
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
Torah Academy was founded in 1945 on the North Side of Minneapolis. The school serves children K-8 and provides instruction in both Hebrew studies and traditional academic areas. The children in the picture include, left to right, Renee and Rita Perlman, George Ash, and Jerry Zweigbaum.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives
Group of ten men outdoors in front of a tent, at Lake Geneva, Wisconsin in 1894. Individuals identified include Clarence Baker and C.L. Koons. Caption on the back by C.L. Koons, Class of 1898, reads in part, "We run into a R.R. strike, got last Twin City train out of Chicago for two weeks."
First of a pair of posed images showing the board of the Class of 1893 Algol (Carleton yearbook) in a tidy, energetic "before" stage, and in an exhausted, worn-out "after" stage. Pictured are: Elmer Lanpher Coffeen; Katherine L. Donaldson; Alice E. Andrews; Robert D. Taylor; Elizabeth M. Bissell; Gertrude Woodruff; Luella Turrell; and Albert Lewis Sperry.
Second of a pair of posed images showing the board of the Class of 1893 Algol (Carleton yearbook) in a tidy, energetic "before" stage, and in an exhausted, worn-out "after" stage. Pictured are: Elmer Lanpher Coffeen; Katherine L. Donaldson; Alice E. Andrews; Robert D. Taylor; Elizabeth M. Bissell; Gertrude Woodruff; Luella Turrell; and Albert Lewis Sperry.
The photograph is taken from present day 4th corners of Washington and 4th Streets. Window frames are now installed being installed on the third floors of the library. The roof will soon enclose the library. The power lift is still needed for the finishing work.
The photograph is taken from an elevated position on present day Kellogg Boulevard. Roof trusses are in place and soon the roofing materials will be fixed in place. The power lift is still needed to move materials to the various floors of the library. Construction workers can be seen on the roof. Below the power lift can be seen three round arches. These arches make up the loading and delivery dock for the library.