Sketch of east side of downtown Northfield, Minnesota, by local historian Robert R. (Bob) Warn, based on photographs, lithographs and written descriptions. The city is depicted as it probably looked in the mid-1800s as seen from near the top of the Ames Mill. Buildings are marked with numbers: 1, the home of John and Ann North, built in 1855. 2, the Lyceum building. 3, the saw mill built in 1855-6 by Jacobs and Ives for John North. 4, Grist Mill built in 1855-6 for John North. 5, American House hotel built by John North in 1857. 6, Liberty Pole. 7, Public school at the southwest corner of Union and Third streets. 8, Old Brown Church. 9, Charles Taylor's law office. 10, Rice County Journal building. 11, first Scriver Building site. 12, Herman Jenkins' Tavern, built in 1856. 13, the second bridge to be built in the location of the current Fourth Street bridge, about 1865.
The fiction section of the Northeast branch of Minneapolis Public Library which was built at 2200 Central Avenue Northeas in Minneapolis in 1972 to replace the 1915 Central Avenue branch at the same location.
Hennepin County Library, James K. Hosmer Special Collections Library
The Geneva Beach Hotel with people on the porch. In 1896, J.L. Dickinson acquired the Alexandria Hotel at Geneva Beach from Mr. Letson, an early resort builder, and changed the name to the Geneva Beach Hotel. The hotel burned down on September 2, 1911.
View of the Geneva Beach Hotel. Says "Manor house" on the photo. In 1896, J.L. Dickinson acquired the Alexandria Hotel at Geneva Beach from Mr. Letson, an early resort builder, and changed the name to the Geneva Beach Hotel. The hotel burned down on September 2, 1911.
The title page of the album reads, "Views of Glenwood, Pope, Co., MINN. Photographed August, 1876. This collection of Views is intended to represent the appearance of the Village of Glenwood in the Centennial Year. Photographed and published by N. J. Trenham, Portrait & Landscape Photographer, Alexandria, Minn. These views, bound in sets or singly, for sale at Trenham's Gallery, Alexandria, and Rue's Drug Store, Glenwood."