Hand-drawn land surveys made from 1869-1941 to determine and identify land ownership and/or section boundaries in various parts of Washington County. The volume includes an index on pages 638-641 that lists each township and section and the pages in the volume on which information is provided. A transcript of that list accompanies this document and can be found at the beginning of this document.
Depicted here is the homestead of Johan (Piekkola) Jacobson homestead, as well as his family, located on the Forstie Road. Left to right are Johan (Piekkola) Jacobson, Amanda Jacobson, holding Henry (Ham) in her lap; Axel Jacobson, Arvid Jacobson, Hann
Pioneer Charles A. Marks, his family and horses, are depicted in front of their remodeled home. The Marks family settled in Thomson Township in 1878. Charles A. Marks was the second county commissioner of Carlton County to serve from the Town of Thomson, in 1901. His original Finnish surname was Markkus. He operated a productive dairy farm located on the Midway River. One of his dairy cows can be seen between the three unidentified ladies. Presumably Charles Marks is the person holding the horses. He was born in Finland in 1854 and died in Thomson Township in 1921.
Exterior photograph of the Farm House, purchased by the University of Minnesota in 1882 to serve as the new site for the School of Agriculture and Experiment Station. This became the St. Paul campus of the University.
Tron Midtaune's home built in 1882. They lived in this for nine years. Six children born in this time. Andrew Hexum standing near the corner. Mrs. Jens Ramlo (Christine Midtaune) and Caroline Midtaune at the door. Tron Midtaune is near the door.