Exterior view of crane at the Brown Hall construction site with a dump truck parked nearby. Opened in 1960, Brown Hall contains classrooms and offices. Brown Hall is named after St. Cloud State president, Joseph Brown, who served from 1916 to 1927.
College of St. Benedict; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1958-1959, 1959-1960, College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota is an annual catalogue published for the College without including the Academy. During the period of 1926-1962, the college operated under auspices of St. Benedict�s Monastery before the College was separately incorporated in 1962. Contents include correspondence, table of contents, college calendar, general information, aims, history, accreditation and membership, location, buildings and grounds, library, information for new students, admission, application, educational plan, counseling and other student services, fees and expenses, financial information, student expenses, special fees, laboratory and course fees. Also included are scholarships and student aid, grants-in-aid, service contracts, academic information, academic regulations, registration, credits, class attendance, grading system and honor points, requirements for degrees, courses of study, divisional organization, course information, campus life and organizations, ideals, religious life, discipline, health and recreation, campus organizations, publications, leadership point system, faculty-student council, alumnae association, administration and faculty, board of advisers, administrative officers, educational policies committee, faculty and index.
This image shows a view of Johnson Hall at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter in 1958. The dormitory was destroyed in the March 1998 tornado. This postcard negative, marked 588, has been converted to a digital positive image.
Program for the 1958 Minnesota Library Association (MLA) annual conference, held September 12-14, 1958 at Madden's Lodge in Brainerd. The theme was ""Bigger libraries in a smaller world."" Events include a greetings speech by the Honorable Levi Johnson, mayor of Brainerd. Session topics include ""Progress report on Library Development in Minnesota"", ""Untapped Resources of Information about World Affairs"", ""Books - The Bond Between Us"", ""Super-market Methods in Book Acquisition?"", ""Books Across the Sea Program of the English-speaking Union"", and ""Books in a World on Fire"".
Exterior view of Mitchell Hall, cars parked on lawn nearby.Mitchell Hall was completed in 1958 as a dormitory for women. The building was named for William B. Mitchell, who served as St. Cloud State's resident director from 1877 to 1901.
A bulletin describing the course of study at Rochester Junior College for 1957-1958. Rochester Junior College changed its name and scope of discipline several times: University Department of Sourthern University (1915), Rochester Junior College (1917), Rochester Vocational Institute (1969), Rochester Community College (1973), and Rochester Community and Technical College (1996).
Portrait of the Shakopee High School Class of 1938 at their 20th class reunion. The image shows a group of student and teachers gathered together in three rows in what appears to be the school's gymnasium. Decorations are seen on the wall behind the group. There is also a large sign that reads "Labor Conquers All 1938-58."
This image shows a view of the St. Peter Public Library in 1958. The library was on the northeast corner of the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Mulberry Street. This postcard negative, marked 548, has been converted to a digital positive image.