The Claude Turner design for the original Aerial Bridge from 1901. Many companies and designers vied for this project. The bridge was built in 1904-1905. This drawing shows the spires and steel structural detail as well as the concrete footings and dimensions. Both towers are shown with an end view. In 1929 the suspended car transfer was eliminated and a lift span was installed.
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections