The St. Peter Company, which helped to promote and establish the community of St. Peter, conveyed to the town's residents through this document the land for a large park. The park is known as Gorman Park, and was named after Territorial Governor Willis A. Gorman, who was a member of the St. Peter Company. The document is dated January 6th, 1857.
Stereoview to the north from the Moorhead side of the Red River near Woodlawn Park toward the Northern Pacific Railway bridge. Visible in the center distance; a man fishing with a stick stands on a log at right holding a stringer of fish, a rope stretches across the river from the lower left foreground to the Fargo, Dakota Territory bank at left. Cord wood cut upstream has drifted down into the rope. Workers on the far bank load wood onto a small ox-drawn railroad car on rails to be hauled up on the bank; stacks of wood are visible on the bank above.
Stereoview of row boats on the river while a group of men and boys sit in shade of large tree in foreground. View may be to the north across Red River from Moorhead bank below the home of Andrew Holes at 7th Street and 1st Avenue North.