Interior of the Brooklyn Center branch of the Hennepin County Library system. Two women, one with a baby in a backpack carrier, are looking at a bin of LP record albums. A Library staff member is seated behind them at a counter.
Exterior of Hennepin County Library system's St. Anthony Library, in the St. Anthony Shopping Center, showing front and of building with book racks visible in window and telephone booth next to building.
Exterior of Hennepin County Library system's St. Anthony Library, in the St. Anthony Shopping Center, showing front and side of building with book racks visible in window and telephone booth next to building.
Two men in hard hats complete the installation of a granite slab enclosing a time capsule in the wall of the north balcony of the Hennepin County Government Center. A plaque commemorating the capsule is installed on top of the wall.
Dignitaries cut a ribbon in a ceremony opening the Hennepin County Government Center. Left to right: Commissioner Dave Lindgren; Commissioner E. F. Robb, Jr. (partially obscured); Commissioner Tom Ticen; Commissioner Thomas L. Olson; Commissioner Richard O. Hanson; Chief District Judge Douglas K. Amdahl.
Interior of the Brooklyn Center branch of the Hennepin County Library system. A woman is reading a publication seated at a row of chairs near a table holding newspapers. A second woman is reading at a table near a window and a third is looking at items in a bin near bookshelves. A wood-burning stove and study tables are visible in the background.
On the north plaza of the Hennepin County Government Center, three men in Revolutionary War military uniforms stand with flags. Two men in modern uniforms stand behind them. They are watched by a small group of people in the background. The event symbolized Hennepin County's certification as a bicentennial community.
Program on the north balcony of the Hennepin County Government Center showing items to go into the Government Center time capsule. The item being shown is a design for a U. S. bicentennial quarter created by Seth G. Huntington of Minneapolis. The design eventually was used for the bicentennial half dollar. Right, in sunglasses: Hennepin County Public Affairs Director Ted Farrington. Behind microphone: Hennepin County Commissioner Tom Olson. Next to Olson, in white suit: Hennepin County Commissioner Thomas Ticen. Far left: Hennepin County Commissioner Richard O. Hanson.
While Hennepin County Commissioner Tom Olson speaks before a crowd on the north balcony of Hennepin County Government Center, Hennepin County Public Affairs Director Ted Farrington prepares to add a copy of the book "Good Neighbor to the Northwest 1924 - 1974," a history of WCCO radio, to a time capsule box.
Hennepin County commissioners Thomas L. Olson and Richard O. Hanson pose with time capsule on the north balcony of the Hennepin County Government Center. The Municipal Building, also known as Minneapolis City Hall and the Old Courthouse, is in the background.
This is a 1937 view of the Nicollet County Courthouse in St. Peter. The cars at the far right were parked on Minnesota Avenue, slightly south of Mulberry Street. Gov. John A. Johnson's statue can be seen to the north of the courthouse. This postcard negative, marked 3702, has been converted into a digital positive image.