Studio portrait of Agnella Duesterman in long white dress, black tall heel boots, veil on head. She is holding a small black book that is resting on a table to her right; there is a candle on it. The background is a backdrop.
External view of the Andrew Koch building, which served as Red Wing's first hospital and was established in 1884. It was located at Southwest Dakota and Levee Streets. Andrew Koch built this house in the 1850s on the spot where Jorgenson Chevrolet once stood.
Opened in 1882 by the Minnesota Mining Company, Breitung pit was part of the first iron ore mine on the Vermillion Range. Ore from this pit made up the first commercial shipment of Minnesota Iron Ore out of the Agate Bay ore docks, Two Harbors, Minnesota July 31, 1884.
Cabinet photograph of Truman Elwell Rickard (1881-1948) in winter attire. In 1904, as a University of Minnesota student, Truman Elwell Rickard (composed the music and wrote the original words for "Hail! Minnesota," which became the Minnesota state song in 1945. Rickard later married Grace Larson, a daughter of L.W. Larson, a prominant early Fosston settler.
Carson Pharmacy in Detroit, Minnesota (became Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, in 1926). Dave Carson is standing outside his store which was located on the northeast corner of Washington Avenue and Front Street.
This photograph shows the home of Casper Baberich, which was located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Third and Nassau Streets in St. Peter. The fence was along the south side of the house.