Advertisement for the Minnesota State Institution for the Education of the Deaf & Dumb, and the Blind. A picture of Mott Hall is shown. Two printed slogans read: "An education and a trade free!" and "From dependence to self-support!" A reproduction of the American fingerspelled alphabet is also printed under the title "Alphabet of the deaf and dumb."
Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf Alumni Association Museum
Exterior view of the Badger School with several children and teachers in front of the school. The school was located in the same area that the present school is located. The building had a wonderful bell tower that the town was very proud of. This school was built in 1902.
retaining wall being worked on; workers; Central high school built in 1892 at Lake avenue and second street was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972; architects Palmer and Hall of Duluth
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections
Students are sitting at their desks in a Hawthorne Grade School classroom; teacher: Miss Smith; 1st row: Ethel Fox, Hattie Rowley, Maude Burbank, Mattie Holt, James Robinson, unknown; 2nd row: Carl Kurtzman, Goldie Alexander, Ward Shaw, Gustave O'Neil, Earl Leonard, Charles Lamb; 3rd row: ___ Purcell, William McCabe, Laura Ekholt, Thomas Woodford, Nate Renslow; 4th row: Harry Walker, Elsie Wetherby, Floyd Darling, Hans Hanson
The Consolidated School in Nicollet, Minnesota, was a familiar sight to generations of students. The decision to consolidate district schools in the Nicollet area and to construct this school building was made in 1916. The building was demolished in 1985.
Building was moved to Alberta in 1912 and remodeled as a dwelling for the first principal of the Alberta Consolidated School, Fred Graffelman. Front row, left to right: photographer's wife and child, Elizabeth Foley, Rose Busse, Florence Hardin, Frances Busse, Rebecca Farwell, Joe Horrigan [holding slate], Mark Farwell, Ferris Hardin, Merle Farwell, Daniel Horrigan, William Horrigan Back row, left to right: Nora Hardin, Nina Farwell, Helen Darrow, Mrs. Nelson Darrow, Maud Darrow, Bert Horrigan, George Busse, Timothy Vaughn, Edward Horrigan, Ezra Hardin, Felix Busse, Luke Foley, James Foley, Mason Darrow, Patrick Vaughn, John Horrigan, Ray Roberts, R.H. Grace [teacher]
New Brighton Elementary School, originally called District #18, was built in 1890, and served students in the area until 1939, when the second New Brighton Elementary School was built on 8th Avenue. The first building eventually housed the Setchall-Carlson electronics company.
The first school in New Brighton was located on Fifth Avenue west of Cleveland Avenue. Originally called District #18, It opened in 1890 and closed in 1939, when a new New Brighton School opened. Students and staff pose outside the school building on a winter day.