The Consolidated School in Nicollet, Minnesota, was a familiar sight to generations of students. The decision to consolidate district schools in the Nicollet area and to construct this school building was made in 1916. The building was demolished in 1985.
Hancock Public School. Note on back to Louise Erdman, Holloway, from Hilda. Postcard published for Chris Rygh, Hancock, MN, printed in Germany. Part of this building was later remodeled to serve as a church for the Scandinavian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hancock.
Postcard of the gable front schoolhouse with a bell tower and the entrance at one end and a chimney at the opposite end. Three windows with closed shutters. In white lettering the caption reads, "Public School, Helena, Minnesota."
Exterior view of the first Lincoln School in St. Peter that was located on the north side of Chestnut street, between Third and Fourth streets. It was destroyed by a fire in 1913. A carriage house is visible at right. Fourth street is at left.
Located on Block 19 in the original town, built in 1885 with an addition added in 1894. Used as a high school and grammar school. Demolished in 1934 and replaced with a new building, also known as Longfellow School. Note on back of original to Caroline Mork, Hancock, from Sadie E.
Real photographic postcard showing the front exterior of the Public School in Prior Lake. The image shows the school shortly after it was constructed. It was a two story brick faade with a bell tower. Printed vertically on the card to the right of the image is "Public School, Prior Lake, Minn." The card is used and is addressed to Miss. Minnie Kintzie of Shakopee. The message reads "Dear Teacher/How are you getting along now. We had a good the Forth July did you. That will be all for this time. Good by Elizabeth Ries."
Exterior view of the Hancock Public School surrounded by a color lithograph floral frame. Copyright 1908 by Fred C. Lounsbury. Note on the back to Caroline Mork, Starbuck Hospital, from Annie. See also 84.119.36.
This postcard shows the Public School building in Nicollet that was used prior to the construction of the Consolidated School in 1916. A portion of the old water town can be seen at the far right of the postcard.