Postcard depicting the Reverend George Henry Bridgman, Hamline University president from 1883 to 1912, sitting in his office in University Hall (also known as Old Main). A photograph of James J. Hill is on top of the bookcase in the background. Reverse has a handwritten poem to the university.
Portrait of the Reverend George Henry Bridgman, Hamline University president, 1883-1912. Prior to coming to Hamline, he was a minister in the Canadian Methodist Conference and principal of Genesee Wesleyan Seminary, Lima, New York.
Dr. Jonathan Lovejoy Noyes was the second superintendent of the Minnesota Institute for the Deaf, Dumb and Blind, and served during 1866-1896. His signature is printed as "J.L. Noyes" in cursive script below the picture. The school's name changed from "Minnesota Institute for the Deaf, Dumb and Blind" to "Minnesota Institute for Defectives (Deaf, Blind, and Feeble-Minded)" during his administration.
Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf Alumni Association Museum
Photograph of woodcut of the Reverend David Clarke John, Hamline University president 1880-1883. A Methodist minister, he earlier served churches in the East Baltimore conference, was a professor of natural sciences at the state normal school in Bloomsburg, a principal of a high school in Milton, Pennsylvania, and the pastor of Emory Chapel at Carlisle. He also was principal of the Mankato State Normal school. After leaving Hamline, he become pastor of the first Methodist Episcopal Church of Winona.