Earliest photograph of Derham Hall first building erected on the campus of the College of St. Catherine by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Cornerstone laid 1903; building completed 1904. Named in honor of Hugh Derham of Rosemount Minnesota a generous benefactor. View of the west (front) and north wing of the building from the northwest. The small building in the in the rear was called the Power House at that time.
External view of the North side of College Hall, which was later named Whitby Hall. Two students are shown on the steps leading to the entrance of the Jeanne d'Arc Auditorium. The wrought iron fence was erected around the campus in 1923 and Randolph Avenue is pictured in the foreground.
External view of College Hall, the second building erected on the campus of the College of St. Catherine by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Its construction began in 1912 and was completed in 1914. Although it was originally called College Hall the name was later changed to Whitby Hall in 1929. The building housed the Jeanne d'Arc Auditorium and contained facilities for teaching music, art, drama, science, and home economics and was also a residence hall for students.
Nine members of the College of St. Catherine basketball team are shown posing on the steps of a building. The student in the middle of the front row is holding a ball lettered CSC 1920. On the back of the original photograph there is a note saying that in 1919-1920 this team won eight out of nine games.