The Smallwood family in the front yard of their house at 1543 Okabena Street on the corner of Grand Avenue in Worthington, Minnesota. Charlie, his wife Florence and Anna Larson on the steps. Jet Smallwood on a bicycle, Mary Smallwood (Cashels ) holding a pony hooked to a buggy. Another pony grazing in the front yard, dog on the steps. Charlie's full name was Charles Joseph James Smallwood (C.J.) (1858/61-1908) his wife was Florence Clark Moulton Smallwood (1859-1921), son Justin Thomas (J. T.) Smallwood, M.D. (1882/84-1933) aka Jet; daughter Mary (Mame or Mamie) Emmaline Smallwood Cashel (1888-1931).
Depicted here is the farmhouse of Alex and Georgina Esko, located on the hillside banks of the Midway River. The baby is probably Isaac Esko. This photograph was taken south of the present Highway 61, looking northward to the bridge over the Midway River. In the background is a hayshed.
This photograph depicts the Henry Sunnarborg farm, for which the land located on a hill above the Midway River in Thomson Township was purchased in 1889. Their team of horses and hay rake are in the foreground, with Mrs. Henry Sunnarborg and their adopted daughter, Julia (Mattinen) Sunnarborg, in between.
Black and white albumen print showing a side alter at St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Belle Plaine. The alter is highly decorative carved wood with arches, finials, cut work, and a painted religion scene. It is also decorated with a nativity set. Written on the backside of the image is "Side alter at St. P. and P. Church/Belle Plaine."
View of the Concord "Mudwagon" Stagecoach named the "Medora" at the stop on Main Street in Roseau in front of the Pioneer Drug Store. Stagecoach came from Stephen to Roseau. Several residents of the town are included in this photograph.
View of Pearl Street (Center Street) with several men in front of the Land Office. Webster Hotel is on the right. South of hotel is the Isreal Sjoberg home. The Swedish Lutheran Church, located west of the Sjober house, was one of the first churches in Roseau.
Pairs of men march down the center of the street, rounding the corner with the "The Headlight" saloon at the intersection of Cedar Street and First Avenue. Each man is carrying an American Flag or small shovel. Eugene LaForce was the Proprieter of The Headlight.
Mr. Charles Kopp is sitting in a chair wearing a suit with white necktie and leather gloves. Mrs. Kopp is standing at his side with a bouquet of flowers in a white dress with high collar and knee-length veil. Standing on small Oriental rug, faux scene on background.