The Carleton College viewbook introduced the college to prospective students and their parents and to friends and prospective friends of the college. The publication included information relating to the campus and to student life as reflected in academics, student organizations, and sports and leisure time activities.
College of St. Benedict; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1946-1947 with announcements for 1947-1948 is a Bulletin of the College of Saint Benedict, Saint Joseph, Minnesota. An annual catalogue was published for the College without including the Academy during the period of 1926-1962. During this time, the college operated under auspices of St. Benedict�s Monastery before the College was separately incorporated in 1962. Contents include table of contents, location and communication, accreditment, the Board of Advisers, administrative officers, faculty, divisions, aims, the Benedictine Heritage, buildings, grounds and equipment, student rooms, religious spirit, social and recreational opportunities, guest speakers and artists, clubs, day students, student council, health, leadership, student publications, traditional events, vocational opportunities, scholarships and opportunities for work, placement bureau, alumnae, admission, registration, classification of students, requirements for graduation, scholastic attainment, record of work, lower and upper division, suggested program for the degree of bachelor of arts, courses and divisions, general information, student roster, index and advertisement for St. John's University.
Program for the Minnesota Library Association annual conference held at Hotel Lowry, St. Paul, Minnesota, on October 3rd-5th, 1946. The conference theme was "The Time is NOW." The welcome was given by Jean Gardiner Smith, Commissioner of Education of St. Paul Fred M. Truax, and Librarian Perrie Jones (St. Paul Public Library). General session presenters included Irving Lieberman on the topic of the other 75% (Head of Extension Division, Michigan State University), C. Irene Hayner on what was said at ALA about subscription books and a recruiting program for Minnesota (Assistant Professor, Division of Library Instruction, University of Minnesota), and Raymond A. Shove on the proposed smaller rag edition of the New York Times (Head of Order Department, University of Minnesota Library). The banquet featured a talk by John Towner Frederick and music by Minneapolis Lions Club Quartet. There was an open house hosted by the Hill Reference Library, and St. Paul Public Library.
Notes, with handwritten corrections, on the 1946 Minnesota Library Association (MLA) Annual Conference held October 3-5, 1946 at the Hotel Lowry in St. Paul, Minnesota with president Emily L. Mayne presiding. The theme for the conference was "The Time is Now--M. L. A. Clears for Action." Notes include detailed descriptions of the general sessions, section committee meetings and committee reports. A list of officers is attached.
A bulletin describing the course of study at Rochester Junior College for 1945-1946. Rochester Junior College changed its name and scope of discipline several times: University Department of Sourthern University (1915), Rochester Junior College (1917), Rochester Vocational Institute (1969), Rochester Community College (1973), and Rochester Community and Technical College (1996).
The class of 1946 nursing students from The College of St. Scholastica are shown posing in front of St. Mary's School of Nursing building. Pictured left to right are Anna Rose Faith, Virginia Bugle, Ruth Yadloshy, Henrietta Thousn Niemi, Dorthy Cline, Shirley Shea, Helen Maki, Lavern Halamik, Eileen Hoffbauss, Mary Pricco, Joan Franzen, Maureen Kaysen, Marge Larson, and Helen Tarnowski.
Hillel Center at the University of Minnesota provides a central campus location for Jewish students to meet and hold cultural, religious and social events. Hillel was preceded by the Menorah Club, founded in 1920. Hillel met in various locations until the mid-1940s when a permanent home was built on the campus. Hillel sponsored (and still sponsors) Friday evening services, lectures and social events. The building in the picture preceeded the current building.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives