Course summary for the 1944 Institute in Weaving held by the Twin Cities Weavers' Guild at the University of Minnesota Center for Continuation Study, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Includes names of instructors, attendees, and techniques taught.
Department of Conservation, Division of Fish and Game, State of Minnesota
Pamphlet containing 1944 fishing laws and regulations for the state of Minnesota. Summarizes laws concerning game fish, angling licenses, fish limits, the sale of fish, fish houses and spearing fish. Includes a detailed schedule of open and close dates for the fishing season with special limits and dates for boundary waters between Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Young female students are standing in front of Mott Hall and the Power Plant building. They are from Pollard Hall, which was a co-educational dormitory. Names written on the back of the photo read: "Hauwiller, Weisenhaus, E. Miers, Skari, Weeks, Hanson Sophie, Rockman, Clark, DeVries, G. Richie, Cook, Kniefel, Simonson, V. Richie, and Magnuson." The student in the front row on the right end is Virginia Richie (later Ricci), and the student in the front row, third from the right, is her sister Gloria Richie.
Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf Alumni Association Museum
This ribbon cutting at the first Hillel House took place in 1944. Hillel House serves Jewish students attending the University of Minnesota. From the turn of the century through the early 1940s, Jewish student organizations did not have a permanent place to meet. Hillel was constructed with support from the national B'nai Brith organization and the Jewish community in the Twin Cities.
University of Minnesota Libraries, Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives
Black and white photograph of employees at the St. Paul House restaurant in Shakopee. The image shows two men, most likely bartenders, standing behind the restaurant's main bar. Written in blue ink along the top edge of the image is "St Paul House - Shakopee Minn." Typed on the backside of the image is "9/27/44 - Don't get time to write, so here we are in person--not bawl us out!" The St. Paul House was located along the Minnesota River just east of downtown Shakopee. The restaurant was moved closer to downtown in the 1950s and the original building burned down in 1965.
Salem Covenant Church Confirmands pose with Reverend Erik Dahlhielm on Confirmation Sunday. Front Row (left to right): Marlene Olson Smouse, Joyce Carlson Bankson, Bernice Anderson. Back Row (left to right): Gene Danielson, Thomas Donahue, ReV. Erik Dahlhielm, Albert Christianson, Allen Anderson.
A bulletin describing the course of study at Rochester Junior College for 1943-1944. Rochester Junior College changed its name and scope of discipline several times: University Department of Sourthern University (1915), Rochester Junior College (1917), Rochester Vocational Institute (1969), Rochester Community College (1973), and Rochester Community and Technical College (1996).
Minnesota Library Association; Shipman, Frances R.
Letter from the Minnesota Library Association Radio Representative Frances R. Shipman to Secretary Marian Phillips reporting on activities for the 1943-1944 year. Activities included the arrangement of contestants for the Twin Cities Radio Quiz of November 1, 1943, which included members of the Minneapolis and St. Paul Public Libraries. Contest winnings were donated to the Children's Memorial Library Fund.
Text of the welcoming address of the 1944 Minnesota Library Association (MLA) Annual Conference, held October 5-7, 1944 in St. Paul. Frank J. Madden offered a welcome to St. Paul on behalf of Mayor John J. McDonough. Attendees were also welcomed by Perrie Jones of the St. Paul Public Library.
Typed notes on the address by Mortimer K Adler titled "How to Read a Page" on the subject of adult education. This address was presented on October 6 at the 1944 Annual Conference of the Minnesota Library Association in St. Paul, Minnesota.