This was once the home of the Zachris Peter Hedberg family in St. Peter. The house is located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Fourth and Walnut Streets, facing Fourth Street. Zachris is sitting in a chair on the lawn, below his wife, Johanna, and his daughter, Hilda. Son Harry is in the corner tower, and Johanna's parents, Fajer and Hanna Knutson, are sitting on a bench on the lawn.
Family picture taken outside with the farmhouse in the background. People in photo appear to be looking at another photographer and include Hulda Lewis, Minnie Ahern, Roy and Earl Okerman (Minnie's sons), August Youngren, Henry Lewis, Hulda Youngren, Hannah Youngren, and Mr. and Mrs. Peter J. Youngren.
The Working Man's Reading Room at Minnesota Avenue, circa 1900 (description from, "The Bemidji Area Looking Back" Pediment Publishing, 2004). Next door to the Reading Room is The People's Barber Shop and a shoe repair shop.
Portrait of a woman outdoors. The location of this photograph is unknown; but the Iron Range includes parts of the following Minnesota counties: Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis.
This house at 402 South Fourth Street in St. Peter, Minnesota, was originally owned by William Schimmel, a local businessman who also served as the president of the First National Bank from 1871 to 1889.
This photograph shows the original home of Captain William B. Dodd in St. Peter. Dodd, who founded St. Peter, was killed in New Ulm in 1862 while helping to defend the city against attacks by the Dakota Indians.
Reverend Albert Johanson, pastor of the West End Mission Church (now First Covenant Church, Duluth, Minnesota), filled Swedish Christian Mission Church's pulpit from time to time. This portrait was taken on his wedding day.
Exterior view of the Gag family home, built in 1894. Wanda Gag was born March 11, 1893, to Anton and Lissi Gag in New Ulm. She was the first of their seven children. Wanda Gag lived there until age 20. After the death of her parents, Wanda was forced to provide for her sisters and one brother. She also wanted to pursue her dream of becoming an artist. She wrote and illustrated "Millions of Cats", which was published in 1928. Wanda Gag died in 1946. The Gag house is located at 226 North Washington Street and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.