St. Benedict's Academy; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1895-1896 Fourteenth Annual Catalogue was published for the Academy of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota. Contents include description of institution, rules of discipline, course studies, fees, general and wardrobe regulations, list of students, daily schedule, list of textbooks and closing program.
Publication detailing the purpose of the school, academic calendar, expenses associated with the school, admission requirements, classes offered, graduation requirements, and the model school. In addition, the catalog lists the faculty and students by class for the year. Other information includes campus buildings, equipment, library, student groups, and the alumni association, The State Normal School, founded in 1869, changed names several times: St. Cloud State Teachers College (1921), St. Cloud State College (1957), and St. Cloud State University (1975).
Printed program for the Minnesota Library Association fifth annual meeting held December 29, 1896 in St. Paul at the State Library Association offices and in Minneapolis at the Public Library. Cited topics and agenda items include school and college libraries, recent A.L.A. meeting, public library patrons, children in libraries, fund raising for town libraries, reports from the libraries in Anoka, Red Wing, Mankato, Stillwater, and St. Cloud, responsibilities of the library trustee, and the business meeting with election of officers, plus statement of persons eligible to join the association and persons invited to attend the annual meeting, the program of events, place of meeting, railroad rates, statement of value of attending the meeting, and a call for questions to be discussed.
Annual college catalog listing courses of study, alumni, roll of students, calendar, map, admission requirements, general information, descriptions of departments, Ladies' Auxiliary Board, summary of students, and lists of faculty and trustees. Includes the Collegiate Department, Macalester Classical Academy, and the Auxiliary Departments of Music, Elocution, and Drawing.
Exterior view of Edwards Hall, a men's boarding club, with group portrait of boarders, 1896. Located on campus at the end of Princeton Avenue. Contributed by Richard Uriah Jones, Macalester College Class of 1901, and Macalester Head of Chemistry Department 1903-1941, and Dean of the College, 1917-1936.
Students are sitting at their desks in a Hawthorne Grade School classroom; teacher: Miss Smith; 1st row: Ethel Fox, Hattie Rowley, Maude Burbank, Mattie Holt, James Robinson, unknown; 2nd row: Carl Kurtzman, Goldie Alexander, Ward Shaw, Gustave O'Neil, Earl Leonard, Charles Lamb; 3rd row: ___ Purcell, William McCabe, Laura Ekholt, Thomas Woodford, Nate Renslow; 4th row: Harry Walker, Elsie Wetherby, Floyd Darling, Hans Hanson