St. Benedict's Academy; Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
1894-1895 Thirteenth Annual Catalogue was published for the Academy of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota. Contents include description of institution, rules of discipline, course of studies, fees, general and wardrobe regulations, list of students and awards, daily program, list of textbooks and closing exercises.
Annual college catalog listing courses of study, alumni, roll of students, calendar, map, admission requirements, general information, descriptions of departments, summary of students, and lists of faculty and trustees. Includes Collegiate Department, Macalester Classical Academy (the Preparatory Department known as the Baldwin School), and the Auxiliary Departments of Music, Elocution, and Drawing.
St. Thomas Literary and Debating Society in front of the old Administration Building. Seated in the front are the officers of the society: William O'Malley, Vice President; Reverend Terence Moore, President; Reverend William Lunner; James Doyle, Secretary.
A group of girls photographed in Wabasha, Minnesota. At least one of the girls became a Carleton student at a later date. Anna Satory Hicks (in the middle of the photo) is a daughter of John and Genevieve Satory, mother of John Hicks and great-aunt of John Satory (La Crosse, Wisconsin).
Top photo is a print of the campus in 1878. Bottom photo is a view of the campus in 1895, from the college to northeast. It shows part of 1 1/2 mile long, 8 ft high fence enclosing the discontinued Kittsondale Fairgrounds and Racetrack north of St. Anthony Avenue.
Publication detailing the purpose of the school, academic calendar, expenses associated with the school, admission requirements, classes offered, graduation requirements, and the model school. In addition, the catalog lists the faculty and students by class for the year. Other information includes campus buildings, equipment, library, student groups, and the alumni association, The State Normal School, founded in 1869, changed names several times: St. Cloud State Teachers College (1921), St. Cloud State College (1957), and St. Cloud State University (1975).