East Hillside; laying corner stone St. Luke's Hospital in 1923; Ninth Avenue East and First street; 915 East First Street; Charles Nelson Pace of First Methodist church, Bishop G. G. Bennett of St. Paul's Episcopal church, William McGonagle (at right); Masonic Ceremony and Fraternal members; spectators; nurses; uniforms; children; American flag; uniforms; construction site
University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections
This booklet is a compilation of statutes of the State of Minnesota regarding the practice of pharmacy. Sample topics include the qualification and registration of pharmacists; the sale of cocaine, poisons or abortifacients; and the distribution of samples of drugs.
W. W. Mayo with his sons, Charles and William. Mayo was a doctor and chemist who established the private medical practice that would become the Mayo Clinic. His sons were both doctors who founded and worked for the Mayo Clinic. This image is by Arthur Adams, Minneapolis high school teacher, local historian, and photographer. Adams traveled throughout Minnesota, taking photographs to augment his lectures. His studio was located at 3648 Lyndale Avenue South in Minneapolis.
Main kitchen at St. Barnabas Hospital in Minneapolis. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph gives the following description: The steam table is close to the table on which the trays are set. The lift serves four floors. Directly above the main Diet Kitchen are the four small floor diet kitchens where trays are received and taken at once to the patients. The lifts are hydraulic and steam heated. Except in extremely hot weather ice cream may be served on the tray without melting. On the four floors eighty patients are served in fifteen or twenty minutes.
This postcard shows members of the Culinary Department standing outside of the main kitchen at the St. Peter State Hospital during the 1920's, according to sources at the hospital. A note on the reverse side indicates that the man who is the third from the left is Fritz Miller and the man who is the fourth from the left is Ernie Gustafson.
Side view of the original Swedish Hospital building in Minneapolis. The ambulance entrance on the right hand side is constructed for carriages. This building was replaced with a larger, more modern building in the late 1920s.